Friday, June 29, 2007

Lessons we learned from our good parent...

My mother used to tell us...na "huwag nyong yayapusin ang poste...dahil hindi nyo makakaya" and that means we have to learn how to live in simple ways...eh talaga namang hindi mag-aabot ang kamay natin pag sinubukan nating yapusin ang poste hindi ba?!

My father inculcated in my young mind then, "na huwag mong aangkinin ang anumang hindi sau..."

I saw in my father the wisdom of an old man...with only his dignity and the "palabra de honor" in his hand...kaya ang tatay ko ay matalim magsalita. At isa un sa aking namana...that words play a powerful armour to fight for what is true and what is right...

Words are like whetted knife...it can hurt!

One more thing I can still vividly remember...a lesson on debt...mom would always say..."matuto kayong magdildil ng asin, kaysa matuto kayong umutang!" Isn't that great a wisdom! These are some of the simplest lesson to remember as time goes by...and I am passing it on my children...who are now living in simplicity and penny pinching.