Monday, June 4, 2007

Some twists and turns...?!!!


I love reading almost everything. So when we were at the Medical City with my daughter and a friend, I excused myself to buy some snacks, but they were surprised when they saw me having piles of reading materials from local YES! magazine to worldwide NEWSWEEK...but I brought snacks too...lol...!!!

And so I read...

Do scientists really want to play God? They are they say, trying to make life better...like maverick, "Craig Venter who almost single-handedly decoded the human genome ---is on the verge of making artificial life in the lab." There are many detractors indeed. And some scientists aren't convinced that it can be done. Religious leaders and some environmentalists showed their dismay about tinkering with life, forging chemicals into synthetic DNA...whoah!!! It's quite unbelievable.

And now "Craig wants to make a cell that turns sunlight into biofuel!!!"
Amazing?! or is he pushing too far? Well, we've got to wait...