Sunday, November 8, 2009

Red-flagged


According to Wallace Stegner, The lessons of life amount not to wisdom, but to scar and callus... and I have no reason but to believe him.

I couldn't fathom why and how anyone could manage to pull other people's string to no end. I have had this mind squeezing and heart tearing experience from this couple who have had offered everything nice and good, only to leave us in so much agony without a trace or even a splinter of guilt in their hearts. I don't know how I would be able to sleep if my conscience was bothered by my ill-doings against anyone for that matter, much more if I'd be slapped with a clear lawsuit. I thought I'd end up in a coffin or let's just say subtly...in a hospital bed during the time I was hounded by this dilemma. Because there were times I'd been down with my sudden episodes of hypertension and angina attack. I couldn't find any suitable curse or badmouthing against this fantastic duo. The wife's tongue really stinks, you'd think she had made it her personal mission to make one's life miserable while the husband who hides in her wife's skirt really is wearing a sheepskin. This may not seem like such a big deal to others, but it was...to us. We cried a whole lot over this matter. The damage they've thrown us really broke our hearts into pieces but still I can face the world without blinking...and without an iota of guilt. Out of ten people I've talked to, no one has ever made a single nice comment about them...all negative, poor souls. Completely opposite of my old character, being so ballistic and going commando most of the time when I was younger...I've tried my best to remain calmer fighting my chance against their ill deeds...I just prayed a lot and did hang on. Though with a bruised heart, at least I am wearing my sweetest smile now. This nightmarish...or let's say dramatic experience felt like I was thrown in the midst of the black hole without anyone and nothing to hold on to. Plus the fact that I have never been treated so poorly as dirt in my whole life until this dispute happened. But I am grateful to some people who still know what is right and what is wrong. It would be a gross oversight not to highlights the concern of some people who helped me enough, and for that I have many special thank yous for you. May your tribe increase.

This is another lesson learned from the company of bad weeds of the earth roaming to find trusting [not to use the word sitting] ducks ...making them an easy target. This emotional roller coaster ride I should say put my luck somewhere between zero and nil.

But here I am, still standing and breathing...alive and kicking. I just hope not to be just a keeper of bad memories like this one. Oh no not again...please. To the couple, I hope they become better person and be able to please the One above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice... :D