Monday, November 24, 2008

Hitting plateaus while on diet!

Don't cheat, just curb!


When you're dieting too rigidly and quite enormously...so to say, hitting plateaus are just possible believe me. Just don't fret!
I used to torture myself from cutting carbo's & calorie intake while stuffing more on bananas or more affordable fruits available in the market. Or better if none, I do water therapy or say even juice like iced tea or if we have budget to spend on grafefruit which is a lot better.
But there were times that we were forced to indulge or binge when food is just right on the table. It is easier to make yourself fat and heavy but it is very hard to trim down on the contrary...so why gorged in one flick after the ordeal of staying away from the table?! I'd rather not. When the scale marker hits the higher level ...for me it discourage me more so I just keep my mind salivating but never my mouth to stuff it more than what I think is enough to satisfy my urge or my buds. When am heavier the scale becomes my worst critic, that pesky little pointer...always tend to annoy me...but when am lighter it becomes more friendlier. It is just a piece of metal but for me it pushes me to go on a diet...and it's just so addictive (in fact I brought home a glass digital weighing scale just like in the picture above, mine is more colorful lang) weighing often whether I gain or lose within the day. But don't rely on the scale readings...you might just be hitting plateaus, sometimes because of water retention most likely to appear in women like me, it is our hormones , the culprits. You will just be amazed when you wake up one mornng that you need to change your XL garments to a lesser L or even M size clothing like what happened to me.

It feels great! Another cause for plateaus are cheating. Don't cheat...just curb your intakes. I am now 145.2 out of my old 181 heavy frame...I am now lighter but I hope to trim it to 130-135 next year...happy and sad...that I have to give away all my XL size clothings, luckily I have some mediums now in my closet. For me it is more on health-wise side of it and honestly...for women, it's vanity-wise too. The more you get slim, the more likely you become healthier and perkier too!

PS/ Protect your liver. An ounce of prevention...is better than an ounce of cure? I don't know if I get it right. But those who want to get slimmer, stay away from diet pills. Been there already. I've tried almost every dieting pills with doctor's prescription or just can be bought over the counter. Please don't...the real one to help you is you and yourself alone and your strong determination to achieve that goal. I am speaking from my own experience...just a matter of mind-setting I guess. Believe me, pagnasanay kayo...nothing can make you salivate. :)

2 comments:

  1. I consider myself still on the heavy side of the scale that's why I still focus on dieting. But not to the extent of getting sick.

    ReplyDelete

Please be nice... :D