Sunday, November 23, 2008

My New Year's resolution...(learn how to say no)

Come to think of it...we all have had in one point of our childhood that we would usually make a long list of resolution about things we wanna improve or resolve with earnest decision or determination. But to our dismay like mine...I would always end up doing it again and again. But somehow I've noticed that as I grew older each year I came to realized that matagal na akong di gumagawa nito. As we grow...we mature and we end up knowing what is best and what is better. For me the best thing I can do for my self-advantage is to know when and how to say NO. Yes...saying NO sometimes is better and the right thing to do in the first place. In the hope to help others sometimes put our patience to test...that would just lead us to greater dilemma. So, I just learned from my past mistakes that I put first my self advantage before taking others into consideration. If it'll just do me no good and will just hurt me, then why say YES. It is of true deeds and values to learn how to help others...but let's be wary how it will help us also in the long run. If it will create only some ripples why do it?! Now for me, the best thing to do is to learn how to say NO. I have this attitude of being so generous...to a fault...this uncommon generosity sometimes would lead others to take advantage of the situation. I have a lot of experience on this matter. Help but don't put yourself into something that can jeopardize you in any way.

There's a lot of ways to help. One is helping an institution. Say like, an orphanage. We can share by giving small things you can afford without emptying your purse. Helping within the bounds of your budget. It is a good sigh of relief to see them smile with a little gifts you share with them. Rather than being used with some who can work naman for themselves. Me, we've been helping some wounded women and children also. That way I am sure that we're not taken advantage or anything. They do not ask for it. We want to do it in our own volition to help. We do it because we want it to happen.

Sharing our blessings to those who are really in need is an act to alleviate other's sufferings and also an act of humanitarianism. That is the true essence of giving and sharing.
Christmas...is just around the corner so let us spare some from our own pocket to do such act of kindness...!

The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.
(Mother Teresa)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice... :D