Sunday, November 2, 2008

A mother first...




I've always dreamt of being a successful teacher. And from that dream, I always imagine myself being a great one...doing my lesson plan, giving my students quizzes and everything. I once love teaching as a profession. Took AB #@$%# in UE way way back but unluckily I didn't make it to our exams due to the sudden demise of my beloved father. It was a big blow that time...because he was my inspiration. I was then on my third year...then I finally stopped and did work as a cashier in Kentucky Inn Fried Chicken. There I met my hub. Then I decided to again pursue my studies. To make the long story short, I found it too taxing to be a mother and be studying full load all at the same time. I stopped again and just decided to stay at home and attend to the needs of my growing family. Some things happened that made me decide to just stay at home. My daughter who's very articulate even at her young age told me that her yaya and the yaya's father would always meet in our house. The father daw would always make some unannounced visits, while I was out. When I motivated my daughter to some Q&A's, I felt devastated when my daughter told me without any hint of malice that the yaya and her "father" would lie down in our bed making out. Ooops don't be misled, the father turned to be not the real father but her real boyfriend. She gave our address to her bf so to make him visit her while we're out. I was fuming mad at that moment. My oh my...right there and then I sent my househelp to her relatives and gave her a slight reproof. Imagine to tell the child that the man visiting her was her father and displayed those making-outs in front of an innocent child. Was so piqued at that time that I couldn't stand seeing her inside the premises of my house. From then on after having about a little less than 8 househelps on and off...I decided not to employ anymore since they're fast growing up and they should at least be on their own to learn...and be used to doing house chores with me. Now we share everything...we do everything sans any househelp. And with how things are going it is much better...budget-wise.

I wouldn't trade my role being a mother for anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice... :D