Friday, July 13, 2007

Fine dining?



I had this sad and disgusting experience eating in a hotel with my sister-in-law together with her Austrian hubby. Me and my DH was invited for a fine dining at the said hotel. We had our orders, me, my DH and my dau. My driver also was with us. We were talking and I did wonder why this particular receptionist kept on batting in and kept on reminding us to place our orders while we were in the midst of our conversation. A very impolite way I thought. When we were eating I was having a hard time cutting the T-bone steak...which should not be the case. I had it medium-rare, meaning underdone or lightly-cooked. That steak was very soft to be sure, then why did it took me so hard cutting it to bite size? Know why? Would you believe, I saw myself using a bread knife...not wanting to distract the momentum of the flow of our conversation, I didn't bother to ask for a steak knife. I was expecting the waiter at the near end to where I was seated, would probably saw me and be aware that I was using the wrong knife for my steak. Viola....!!!! I just took two bite size...and pushed my plate slowly...a hint that I was finished. I had observed also that the waiters weren't so trained on how to effectively serve their guests...much so...the handling of glasses and the empty softdrinks-in-can was all wrong. We had a half-finished plate of calamares, but wonder of wonders why did the waiter took it so fast? Wasn't it bad and unethical?

I worked as a cashier at Kentucky Inn Restaurant and DAIICHI (Japanese Resto)...that's why I know how fine dining is to be served, and how attentively the waiters are to be expected. The place was a classy resto that time in Magallanes, so I know how it goes. Won't give a thought of dining there again.

That would be my first and my last...sorry to tell!!!

Another story, we ate at Max's restaurant in Robinson's Galleria. The receptionist who served our table was efficient and very polite. Nice service. My daughter, me and Sir Rudolf had a wonderful evening...it's Sir Rudolf's treat for us...it's a yahoo!!!

We were laughing, sharing notes and had some table talks...