Thursday, March 22, 2007

Why one woman had an affair...

Talk is cheap, they say, but it is an essential ingredient in the best relationships. A woman who had been married many years and had recently begun an affair with another man....I said I assumed that most of the energy in their clandestine meetings was sexual. She said "No!...to tell you the truth, I've slept with him only two or three times, and it wasn't all that great then. The reason I'm so in love with him and want to be with him so badly is that, we can talk. We discuss things for hours on end. Gosh! It's great to talk to a man like that - to tell him everything that's in your heart, and have him do the same with you. Why don't my husband and I ever communicate like that?"

Mere flow of words between two people does not guarantee intimacy. Nevertheless, there can be no intimacy without conversation.

by Alan Loy McGinnis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice... :D