Sunday, April 15, 2007

Burying the hatchet...

I can be easily piqued but I'm also quick in forgiving. I hate vacillating, that gives me an indecisive mind. And I have a great difficulty here. If someone apologizes, then am usually willing to finally bury the hatchet. But it's a different case when someone has wronged me and he doesn't even admit his error. Obnoxiously he won't have any guts to say "I'm sorry...."

Forgiving person is sometimes synonymous to weakness and being a push-over person. But for me just the opposite is true. It's a very positive trait. You have to be strong in order to forgive. It is much easier if we do not hold grudges, passing on a smile in return of a punch.

In any relationship of long standing, forgiveness should be the common ground. Becoz in their weak moments, one will be wronged...so we must live in the present and forget the past...'coz if we let us dwell on that matter, the friendship will be doomed!!!