Sunday, April 8, 2007

A mother's love...

During my younger years...I used to tag along with nana going to the market. I would always insist then that we should take a ride. But she was persistent to just walk...excercise daw yon. Wala akong magawa, cause I couldn't go back home alone...afraid to be lost and so afraid of dogs roaming around the streets.

We would always passed by that little chapel near the old market...they call it, Dolores Chapel. What caught my attention was the dagger that was half-pierced into the left chest of Mama Mary...
I didn't recall how my nana explained that to me.
Now that I'm older...I knew the answer to my queries. The dagger symbolizes the pain...the struggles of being a mother. Remember how the crucifixion of his Son had hurt her to no end...she just wept...she knew that it was bound to happen. What hurt Her son doubly hurt her too...

A mother's love is undyingly genuine...
To those who still have their mothers...do love them preciously...and dearly...