Friday, June 13, 2008

Painful trismus attack...


Got couple of bad weeks due to my lingering headaches and toothaches off and on...sigh...ang hirap non. I'm thankful at di umaatake ang trismus ko. I remember one late night, or early morning na yon...around 2am...I yawned and my jaw locked, imagine I drove myself (because my DH was in panic) to the nearest clinic for immediate shot to relax my muscles. Afterwhich, the doctor on duty put her gloves on and in a minute her two thumbs inside my mouth pushing my lower jaw in one quick try. Voila, my trismus was corrected in no time...no sweat...but it's painful hah. For so many years I've been living in fear of this occasional trismus attack. So if you guys notice some clicking of the jaw, go get your doctor's opinion. You should know how to deal with it just in case a sudden prolonged spasm of the jaw occurs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice... :D