Sunday, August 3, 2008

A goof in OR...


I remember this funny tale when I was at the sterile room waiting for my cue. Location: Old Medical City. I don't remember what year it took place...maybe 3 or 4 years ago?! That hospital is not in existence anymore. The new MC is now standing robustly near Meralco edifice. Anyway going back, I went there for a minor incision to get rid of a cyst on my left breast...a size of a peanut, and one sebaceous cyst on my back. When a male nurse gave me a green sterile lab gown and told me to wear it I obliged easily without qualms. Then he came back and told me if I was ready and asked again if I have removed everything. I was shocked when I learned that I have to remove also my undies. But still I obliged. When something sinked in my thought...why should they require me to remove my undies when the cysts are in my breast? Ah no...this is something ridiculous! So what I did was wear it again before they ushered me to the OR. When I went home and told my sister (who was a retired nurse) what happened, she said..."gaga hospital procedure yon"...lol...ganun ba 'yon?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice... :D