Monday, January 26, 2009

Limit of my endurance...the physical side of it



One thing that's affecting me now's that... I feel and I think my epidural shot has been waning now or rather had waned it's strength already since it was done almost a year ago. Epidural steroid injections (ESI) are commonly used to control back and leg pain from many different causes using long Tuohy needle which is a very delicate and sensitive procedure, though napakabilis lang nito. I hope I am right here. And I don't think it's healthy to get into another procedure again. I saw how big the needle was...but I was lucky indeed to have one of the best doctors we have around. (I remember my anesthesiologist said in the middle of the procedure when I gave a sudden quick jerk when he inserted the long needle, kasi me kiliti ako eh...he went like, "leonore, leonore...please don't do that again...please...please...please...hehehe...pasaway na pasyente!") And so far it worked tremendously great since I did a lot of walking during my vacation out of the country. My bad, I overused everything to the limit. What I know is, steroid is something that has to be taken in moderation...I'm not sure if this is true, I just heard of it. I haven't been in constant communication with my doctors and I intend to visit them at Medical City if I will get an extra time and have the feel to go there. Of course they are busy people, so they are limited to find extra time also. Well...when I saw people in wheelchairs, I feel extra grateful and blessed. That's why, I feel shamed when I am like this, as if I am complaining, pagnaiisip ko si Tack. (Yup, Tack...that's very true...that's one thing I like in you, your super-mega optimism... kaya ayan na naman mababasa mo na naman yan...sigh...btw, thanks sa mga uplifting msgs mo ha...parang baligtad eh, ako pa inaaliw mo...) Well, forgive me, I am just human. Pero thinking na I can walk pa naman to certain extent, kasi two blocks would mean a lot of torture na. But then, I feel great! I'm blessed! We all are! So cheers!

1 comment:

  1. oh yes we're blessed.. kahit im on my wheels, nakakapag lakwatsa pa din.. haha! positive outcome dapat lagi.. hehe. :P *mwah*

    visit ur doctor na dapat kasi health is wealth.. :D

    ReplyDelete

Please be nice... :D