Friday, February 13, 2009

Alarming squashy squid balls...


I went to Sta Lucia East [gro section] last Monday right after getting a Certification of Payment from the BIR. It was something about capital gain tax. Then I picked up some ingredients for my pancit canton [chow mein]. I did get a small packet of squid balls...it had SeƱorito brand label. When I was slicing it into quarter size, I noticed it was very soft and kind of squashy which shouldn't be expected. Go lang ako and I just muttered, hmmm baka na-thaw lang kaya ganito...When I fried it, it was noticeable that it was powdery and stale... it was all over the pan, something very unlikely to happen. I wanted sana to return it the next day and call the attention of the people concerned. But I just couldn't find time to go there, and earlier kanina my son tried cooking it and talagang it was very alarming [...as in nadudurog siya talaga] the product really is very questionable. And I bet my fat a@#e that there's something wrong talaga. I just hope that people concerned will do something about this. They should be doing a lot of checking about the shelf-life of their products, specially sa food counter. And to the manufacturer of food products, please be responsible about the products you are selling or offering to the consumers like me. Always be on guard checking your open-dating system. Don't let the health of the people who patronize you be put in jeopardy. Now, the questionable squid balls' still sitting there in my freezer....nakakatakot kainin. I didn't throw it just in case...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice... :D