Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Always on call...24/7 on duty

Got the best time to be an idler the whole day...[lazying, don't laugh...PMS I guess so] but still busied myself poring over some papers and raft of documents, then segregated them accordingly and had put them together in nice color coded envelops. Threw some bulk of papers which I think weren't important anymore. All went to the garbage. All cards and certificates and diplomas are stacked together, public documents and others like baptismal and BC also went together in one so as not to give me so much time looking for it thumbing through a lot. Sometimes it makes sense reorganizing and rearranging everything. And the result will surely be very rewarding.

Sometimes also, I realized that being a mother who stays at home for 24/7 non-stop is really backbreaking. You cannot afford to be sick and much more be sluggish and lazy. Why? For me, I've observed my children, if they come home and saw me in jovial mood, it was like as if I was looking at the mirror. When they saw me in foul mood, they'd do the same. So I see to it that I'm wearing my 100 kilowatt smile, (even though my head's thumping with all those monthly bills to settle.) and prepare foods and snack or whatever I have for them. Voila, and everything will be bright and beautiful. Being a mother doesn't give you the leeway of having a leave with pay...lol...no SSS...no pension plan...no off days, or even hours. You have to be around, round the clock...always on call and on duty. But there's no payroll huh. You became an arbiter, a referee...when someone is not in harmony over some petty issue... a good and positive listener, a barkada, a friend, a tutor, a cook, and everything in one. But why is it most rewarding to be a mother? Doing this is no donkey work but instead it's a blessing for me and I bet all those mothers around too will agree with me. In the heart of hearts, only pure love is what pushes our gear higher that keeps our strength and energy roaring to life to be able to serve our children and love them whole-heartedly...protect them from every harm and mold them in such a way that they'd be a better person in the future and not be a nuisance to anyone...wheeew, ang haba. It's not an easy task to be a mother. I wonder why if asked what's their mothers' occupation...they'd go..."wala po, sa bahay lang po", (she's only a simple stay-at-home mom) an understatement indeed, I guess.

Mother's Love

by Angel Watchin

*
You wiped away many tears,
And even calmed many fears.

You have kissed all sorts of parts,
You even somehow healed broken hearts.

You gave your love without a second thought,
You gave lectures when our mistakes you caught.

But you also gave hugs for no reason at all,
You held us tight whenever a tear would fall.

You gave us the courage to walk alone,
You gave us the love of a real home.

You endured many things just for our sake,
Your love was genuine so much love would be hard to fake.

You are truly a gift from God above,
Only He could’ve made you with that much love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice... :D