Thursday, February 12, 2009

Quite a stir...


Suddenly Fowler has become one of the most hateful husbands around, after the famous Wife Swap series that created such an uproar against his misdemeanor. When I lived in Japan this Wife Swap was one of my favorite shows I never ceased to watch. The basic concept is, two couples, usually from very different families from different parts of the country, switch places and move in with each other's husbands and children for two weeks. The housewife swaps with the other woman's career and so with the two husbands. And that last January 30th episode of Gayla Long where she moved to live with Stephen Fowler, who later on began acting downright stern to Gayla.

"
He has humiliated her in front of his kids, insulted everything from her hometown to her language skills, told her he earns more in a week than she does in a year and even banned her from setting foot upstairs. One of the "Wife Swap" gimmicks is letting the wives implement new rules for their new homes (Renee, for example, put a moratorium on paintball and set up family French lessons), but bratty Stephen refused everything Gayla suggested, like letting the children ride go-carts and getting the family to sing the national anthem. After launching multiple attacks of verbal abuse against Gayla, it was Stephen who called in the show's producers to try to end the swap, eventually causing his temporary wife to move to a hotel" Lizbeth Scordo wrote and I quote.

He publicly proclaimed that he's above among the rest, has an IQ of 158...wow ang taas hah! I don't know if you can call him an elitist. And now what's next after being hounded by angered viewers via some weblogs...read this, Who is Stephen Fowler?
Watch this...Stephen Fowler highlights part 1
and the part 2 of the highlights

The first apology:
I just wanted to express my deepest heartfelt gratitude to all of you for your support after the show last night. I can hardly express how much it means to me.

I would like to offer some behind the scenes information that might help as well. We had not seen the episode before Friday and had no idea how it would be edited.

First and foremost, my husband very much regrets how he behaved during the swap. He is sorry for how he treated Gayla, he is sorry for insulting middle America, and sorry about the whole thing.

He did not want to do the show but did it only to support me, but the stress of it all got to be too much for him, and he had some extremely bad moments, and all on film. So, it's like having your worst faults, and your worst behavior at your weakest moments put together into a show and all of the redeeming bits excluded from that show. For the record, he is a dedicated, loving, caring father and husband, has a great self-depricating sense of humor. He never laughs so hard as when he is laughing at himself. None of this made it to the the show.

Also, I could say nothing on TV. The last thing on earth I would do was go on film criticizing my husband, life partner, and father of my children in front of millions of people, especially when the ONLY reason he was there was to support me. That's not who I am. If I had something to say, I would say it in private.

Regarding the proud to be an American conversation. That was highly edited. For the record, I am proud of things that I have done, not things over which I had no control. I was extremely fortunate to be born American, but I didn't chose it, it's just how it happened. I do, however, greatly respect and identify with many American values, and love the way of life. I have lived in many countries and I chose to live in the US because I think it's the best place in the world for me to live. I LOVE living here. The opportunities here are amazing. The culture respects finding and pursuing your dreams, which to me is one of the most rewarding things in life. And free speech has it's upside too, most of the time!

My husband feels the same way about wanting to live in the US. That's why he chose to become an American citizen.

Know, as I think you do, that I have deep compassion for those stuggling with their weight. I struggled, and have dedicated my life to ending that struggle. With your support I can continue to do that. I hope that it's possible.

I am not checking email at the moment, but please know how much your support means to me. It is a great treasure that I am surrounding myself with right now.

With Love and Light,

Renee

*****
PS/ A lot of people think of him as some kind of a blowhard a#se! Well I just wish he have had minced his words before firing away. Now he's earning unimaginable backlash from people he has somewhat offended. Well...we call this a widespread repercussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice... :D