Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The young meeh....

I was tagged first time, by MissQuotes of Life's Prisms...
Thanks Miss Fion Lim


About 10 things that happened to me in random order!

1.) DEEP CUT
I still can vividly remember how my father would go about cleaning my wound on my left knee...it was a deep cut. And I would always cry so loud because it was so painful. He didn't mind if I flinched from so much pain...and from then on...I avoided everything that would just give me pain. Quite very impossible though. Pain gives us a hand full of lessons...we try to avoid the possibility of getting hurt physically...

But what hurt me most is the pain in my heart...pain from being unloved...pain from being rejected...pain from absurd affectations...pain from losing someone you dearly loved...pain from being a push-over, money-wise.

If there's a part in my whole being which I can clearly describe as battered, well...I guess it's my HEART! But I am person full of so much hope...so much forgiveness no matter how one have had treated me whether it may be good or not so good,or to put it more bluntly, I always find forgiveness no matter how I hated anyone. 'Coz I believe that life is so short and you may lose it without even noticing that you have had existed. For me life is a circle that what comes around...goes around!

2.) STEAMING-HOT
I was 5 yo when I was accidentally scalded with hot steaming water from waist below my navel down to my feet, my mother screamed aloud and had brought me to nearby clinic and I'm lucky I got no mark or whatever.

I do believe that I am lucky and very blest! And I feel I still am...
For no matter how I slipped up, and with my humanly sins and shortcomings, I still have my blessings from the Lord above.

3.) CHOKED
I was 10 yo when I got choked by a mentholated candy, I just got first time ever.
Thanks to Heimlich maneuver. Thanks to my father!

My HERO!

4.) STARRY, STARRY NIGHT
My father drove a yellow pick up in the middle of the night when he decided to move in our new house. And we enjoyed stargazing outside that open pick up. And how at a very young age, I was so delighted by those beaming stars...and the brightness of the moon. I don't know why, but certainly it gave me such joy...looking at the sky so dark...with only those stars beaming brightly in my young eyes.

5.)
LOCKED-JAW
It was already past midnight, I drove the car and brought myself to clinic because of my locked-jaw. Had a muscle relaxant shot and that jaw-realignment. Very easy procedure from the way I looked at it. But very painful!

Went home very tired!

6.) NEARLY-MxxxxxxD CHILD
Yeah....that really happened when I was not yet over 7 yo. My parents didn't know anything. Until before my mother died, I was able to tell her the truth.

I had kept it all along until I became a mother myself. It has been stocked in my memory bank. I couldn't tell if it's painful...kinda traumatic or what...I just hope it didn't happen. But I was a one great lucky child nothing worst had happened, though.

That's why I brought up my children with yaya's to be my other eyes.

7.) CAPSIZED BOAT
My friends and I went to a lighthouse in the middle of the lake...one sunny noon when we were in high school then. We were in one small boat, it overturned when we were about to get down from it.

Everybody went home soaked and wet and giggling.

8.) PODGY-ME!
When I was in UE, I was left with no other choice but to get GYMNASTICS for my PE subject. I couldn't believe with my frame I got some score higher than my classmates,
some weren't as competitive as I was then.

9.) DARK-WATER
My DH brought me to their homeland in the province. My very first time to travel by ship and my gosh...it was the longest day and night for me. I was so afraid when I saw dark water that night. I just cried...and cried as if it would be the end of our life.

It was my first and my last!

10.) THE RING!
I was 12 yo then, when one day I saw my sister's ring on top of the table. Curiously, I tried wearing it but it didn't fit. I took the idea that suds might be help then. It was...then after a little while, my left ring-finger became red and grew bigger. I called for my father's help, I woke him up. As always, he did ...he sawed the ring on my finger with the use of a cutting tool with a blade having a line of fine teeth along its edge.

You know sometimes at a very young age our knowledge can really, really be so limited. We have to go through those experiences, and when its time to reminisce , we do it with a smile...laugh at our mistakes, laugh at our slip ups. What now we do is to keep them in our hearts that in our young minds we do hope...we learn...we make mistakes...and after that we realize what has to be done...what is right...what is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice... :D