Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Love and regard for "The People's Princess"





Two of my most treasured books are the bestselling biography of Diana authored by Lady Collin Campbell, THE REAL DIANA...and DIANA, Princess of Wales a tribute from Tim Graham...

I just saw these inside my drawer and decided to browse a little. This book of Campbell, expose the truth about Diana and her troubled marriage and the source was Diana herself. While Tim Graham has recorded in thousands of images of the Royal families...and he has captured a lot of the most charming and relaxed family moments.

We all mourn her tragic, untimely death--but how well did we know The Real Diana?
"She was no saint and certainly no angel. She could be sweet and generous, but she also had a vicious streak in her nature. She could be tremendously and irresponsibly destructive."...

I treasured these books so much because I adored the princess in her heyday, curious about how the royals live their life. With these books I had some glimpse of their privy. The Queen and her family, their household, friends and everybody...

She was a model of simplicity turned into a glamorous icon yet she exuded warmth and sincerity that couldn't be found usually in the Royal circle who follow so many protocols. With these books on Diana's life you can be one of them...you'd be able to breathe the air they breathed...you'd experience "what was it like to be so privileged yet so anguished, so beloved yet so self-loathing, so spoiled yet so deprived, so hopeful by nature yet so despairing?!...The Princess of Wales was all of these things-- far more complicated, complicated, and intriguing as a person that the wildly disparate saint or lunatic she is frequently portrayed to be"...according to Lady Collin.

The books are quite expensive...each costs a little less than P1000.00 and hard to find nowadays... I am lucky to have several copies all about her life. My Diana, A tribute of Tim Graham was a gift to me by Makk. Makk, to you...many thanks for this gift...I love you so much!!! Hehehe, kelan yung books all about Ancient Egypts, et al...that cost a whopping P4000 plus...grabe d ako makahinga sa mahal! I doubt if I can have one...so nakakahiya.

These are quite a good read...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice... :D