Sunday, May 18, 2008

Lack of decent sleep...



Well...well...everyone is asleep and the house is so qiet. Slept around 3 in the morning doing what-nots and pillow fighting and a lot of teasing with C. Had tried fitting C's pants and voila...I got 2 hands-me-down. Yey! One is a stretch crampled "baston" which she doesn't believe na uso nung days namin, calling it now skinny jeans...and 1 is a Chili Pep which I bought at Greenhills...woohoo may additional na naman akong panglakad. I'm nagkukuripot pagdating sa akin dahil sayang ang pera. Wow exciting...libre pa. Then would you believe that I was up so early...before 6am? Yup, I recieved a text message with money concern...so I'm waiting for the arrival of the person involved. No signal inside the room so I am forced to stay awake in the terrace. Done with a cup of coffee and no intention of having another cup since I noticed that I am gaining na naman another unwanted poundage. And I hate it. I want to get fit! You know, sometimes when we feel stressed we tend to find a way out...by eating...so, we have to be very extra careful. Lalo na sa gaya kong getting over the hills na and scoliotic pa. I need to lose some more...and I mean more. Health is very important to us. Good thing I am not having the usual episodes of hypertension...lucky me. I won't to be around forever, much as I want to be. But I am taking care of myself so far and I plan to keep doing it...for my kids. I want to stay healthy. I remember going to the resort with my kids to unwind a little and a treat too, kind of weekends together. With a lot of stressing problems in my head, I bought a pack of mentholated cigarettes. For the nth time I went back into smoking that night. It felt good. I couldn't exactly tell why, but it gave me a good feeling. Puffing and blowing concentrated rings of smoke...my dau furrowed her brows and felt aghast when she saw me, knowing that I am not a smoker. I don't do things like this anymore. What's happening to me? What has come over me? I asked myself. I quit smoking right after my youngest tried puffing my lighted cigar when he was still 6 and accidentally he got a deep burn scar left on his arm. Still exists and very noticeable up to now. Always like, "I got this from my mom's cigarette when I was a small kid." Argh! I wonder what to tell that time. Don't ever ever try this 'coz this is bad for anyone's health... and he went like..."eh why are you puffing?!", and so I quit right away. Then out of the blue I wanted to go back smoking na naman. But then I imagine how I would try killing myself from smoking na naman so I warned myself not to...for the nth time again. Not so good a try...specially when I am having pains in my chest. I don't want to ruin myself anymore health-wise. Remember the famous Latin phrase, Memento Mori...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice... :D