Friday, May 16, 2008

Touch wood...touch wood!


Whoah...really I am too neck deep with so many concerns, (with other's too). Know why, I have this attitude to buy newspapers, broadsheets or tabloids basta't reading materials. Then I would keep it beside my office table and would always be read late. The past days after the China quake, I got so many geological alerts via SMS and I just ignored it by just saying silent prayers. It was about six point something magnitude that was about to happen according to the text alert. Then when I glanced finally at my newspapers, jeez...the headline tells about the 7.9 magnitude that hammered Southwest of China recently. And I really didn't quite like the picture on the inset. A young male student trapped under a crushed structure and a young boy among the rabbles sipping water given as first aid. This was China's worst ever in three decades. Thousands remained buried or missing. Death toll was really unimaginable. With this, let us just hope and that this kind of great catastrophe won't happen to us or anywhere else. This is something nightmarish. I am tough, but I am so afraid of earthquakes. I saw how hapless victims were during the Baguio and Catanduanes biggest quake that was shown on tv reports.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice... :D