Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Life is too short...for all mothers...we all want to stay a bit longer


When I am sad and feel-oh-so-low spirited being a mother and a wife and being me all rolled in one with so many concerns, I think of how much time is left for me in this world. It is quite very true that life is so short to waste on such trivialities. If it is just a silt, ignore it, it won't do us good. And just for being a mother myself, I believed in the tried-and-true old cliche that says, "Mother knows best!"

And honestly confiding, I do believe that I displeased my mother when she was still here on earth. Sometimes we tend to be so opinionated and stuck to what we believe is true, stubbornly and selfishly being so young and inexperienced about how life would be. But as we go on, as we look back, we would say, "If only I heeded my mother's advices...it would be much different... could be a lot better...would've been a lot easier. If only.....

A mother is a mother is a mother....come what may...come hell or high water. And who on earth
will love us more than a mother could do? In nine months we stayed and lived in her womb to be nourished and be taken cared of. We had whatever she took by mouth for our nourishment. We felt safe inside...felt the love flowing in her heart. Those loving hums and touches she wanted to convey, how much love she had, while we were sleeping inside of her. Those tears and the joy from the time we were born, and those days she had while we're growing...cooing...smiling...and the ma ma ma ma ma. It gave them pain and so much tom-tomming of the heart whenever we fell on the ground and got ourselves hurt. Whatever inflicted us they would be doubly hurt...and a lot of tears would well.

And now that I am a mother too, life is really too short to enslave ourselves by lovingly taking care of our children and loving them too unconditionally, and trying all our might to veer them to a much clearer and better road for tomorrow. So why would we let those chances we have to pass us by without letting them know and feel how much we truly love them?!