Saturday, May 26, 2007

Finally, my friend gave the mitten and she's now...off the hook!




I received some text msgs while I was blogging and slurping my coffee, earlier this morning. Mixed emo...happy to know that it has ended after 4 years...and at the same time a bit sad 'coz I knew how much she has loved the guy, I don't know why. But yes...that's great coz it's finally over with my friend and her...I don't know how would I call him, but anyway...there's a lot to celebrate. Everything now is all water under the bridge. I don't think it's a waste of time but at least she has learned something from that relationship. It was doomed right from the off I told her...but she never did listen. And she swore to me that she's now ready to take command of the situation. I know that it will all soon pass out of her mind...everything will be forgotten, I said. She's now turning into music, that's taking her mind off her past troubles. And I'm very happy she finally gave the mitten. I know that she's quite hurting...probably not to move on but to adjust now with the present situation...excruciating I guess...but in time she'll be ok.

She sometimes realized that there's no way her marriage could be turned around. Yet, again the only answer seemed to be in waiting for fate to intervene. She's older now and am sure more au fait with the ways of men...surely she'll learn now. She's old enough to winnow truth from lies, to know what's good and not. I hope too, that now she'll strain her mind and grope back into the depths of her memory and soon she'd ask what good it could do to remember? I feel sorry that I have a special knack for picking the very worst thing to ask at the very worst moment. I know she's still hurting but knowing how resilient she is...she'll bounce back in time.

Pardon me if I veer on adult talk...let's go PG now! OK, for many non-orgasmic women there is a desperate search for the key to unlock the doorway to sexual fulfillment, but definitely not my friend...coz she is not of that kind. More than physical love, she craves for spiritual bond---a soul to soul relationship and the meeting of the minds...of the same wavelength. So then love was developed...according to her, the guy wooed her or I should say for what?! She is a woman who has dared to cut off from her sexual life, yes she is married but her marriage was in disarray when she met the guy. She then allowed herself to celibate just to be faithful to the man she has learned to love. The man who made a promise to protect her, the man who said he'd never leave her...that he would stay forever...sigh

And for you my friend, here's my take...there's no time to sit around pondering the impossibilities of your situation. You need to find answers to save your own life.
The most I think is that you now keep your head above the water.

And...you don't have to keep a stiff upper lip for me...coz there's no virtue in false modesty...my friend! Good luck...