Thursday, July 24, 2008

Good morning teacher!

It's been a long day indeed! Been out of the house early at 7 and I just got home very exhausted and so sleepy that I just want to plop down to bed. My first destination was to get C's uniform from the dressmaker shop. Then afterwards I bought a bouquet of flowers and offered it to the Adoration Chapel, my favorite place to visit where I can find peace of mind and solace...a comfort zone I believe. When I was about to leave the holy place, I saw by chance, my teacher (Mrs. Leticia Ibanez) way back in elementary. I greeted her first of course to give respect. Then she beckoned me in soft whisper while she moved some steps away from me to look at the wall clock inside the chapel and it felt so nice when she uttered my first name...Leonore...kilala pa niya ako?! Nice to hear and I mubled to myself...paano niya ako malilimutan eh tagasulat nila ako sa blackboard...ehem...in fairness. Basta. Then when we're outside na sa chapel, nagbeso beso kami ni Ma'm and gave each other a hug and some pat in the back. I invited her to a nearby Jolibee but she declined because I learned that she's waiting for someone. To make use of that extra time she spent it with me near the entrance of the church. We just sat at the garden box. Kumustahan...and to my shock...we're on the same boat...meaning what I am going through now ay pinagdaanan niya and still...she gave me a piece of advice and some counselling. Ma'm after teaching in our school during her heydeys became a principal and got her MA degree in UP, and am so proud of her. She was a terror as far as I can remember, but I must say, that she's one of the best English teachers we have had during our time. Grabe ang galing niya. What I vividly remember was that, she walked with gusto, throwing her hips when she strutted around our corridors, impressing everyone how she carried herself and she has a very nice posture even until this time when I saw her. Her brows are neatly curved, she's still the same. We chuckeled a lot because the irony was, I was aloof to her that time because she's my teacher...and I was just her pupil...but now we're talking on the same level na hindi na ako takot sa kanya. I should say, the respect is there, but on a friendship level na kami. We are bound to meet this morning, maybe because she's an authority when it comes to the problem I have shared, ang sarap ng feeling kapag alam mong ang kausap mo ay isang respetado. And of all, siya ay naging bahagi ng aking kabataan. When we parted, I promised to give her a call...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice... :D