Tuesday, July 1, 2008

An old cliche that goes..."look for the brighter side of life"


Yes...I do always remember and apply this cliche, we always hear from around us...to always look at the brighter side of life. Things happened...and things do happen, the least we expect it to happen. Sometimes we are drawn to be so sad by how things turn out in our lives specially if it's beyond our imagination. But what we do not see and overlook is the people around us who try to make us happier in times like this. Some friends share our sorrow, and often feel compassionate sympathy and or condole with our sufferings. And it should always be for friends don't leave each other anyway during trying times. But what do we expect in return? For me I just need to feel that when I help I want to be sure that my concern is much felt by just giving me a simple and sweet smile. Just a smile and the assurance that her load is somewhat a bit lighter than what it used to be. That for me is a sure sign of reciprocity. Reciprocity is very important. Some people are bore because they let things slide just in front of their faces and ignore the good little things that are just at arm's length. Instead of seeing the beauty of life they tend to dwell on what is said to be a failure or what we may call bumps. Let's try to see the world in the four corners of our eyes. Little things that somehow makes us happier are just ignored and left unnoticed because our mind is just too busy minding those rough edges in our lives. Being pessimistic won't help us either.It just complicate things and leave us miserable instead.
For me helping others is not just kawanggawa,or an obligation but more of a choice. We choose to help because we care to help. But sometimes it is quite taxing or tiring to help those who are unwilling to get themselves out of the mire per se. Drawing strength from one another is important. Instead of pulling down the hands of the one who's helping you, why don't you instead lift yourself up to the safe higher ground. How would you like to help people who are unwilling to smile when you always want to make them wear a smile? Isn't that a selfish behavior? I for one is a type of person who appreciate even the slightest of gestures from people around me. A simple notes can even make me smile the whole day. Being given some delightful text messages also makes my day beautiful. It is in my system to always look at the brighter side of life when mine turns a little darker. Acceptance is very important. Something like, if you have no shoes, think of those who have no feet. If my friend would have read this, she wouldn't like this as I guess...'coz small gripes can cast a negative pall over a relationship...like what I've been trying to tell her over and over again. She's almost always very pessimistic over something...and I just couldn't take much of her pessimism. For you, cheer yourself up...nobody can help you except yourself. If you'll only see better...you'll feel better too.
But nowadays, in deference with what happened to her life and family, I am but saddened deeply because I can see that she feels for the plight of her loved ones. She's still groping and much too affected...I just wish as a friend, that in time...she'll be able to squeeze off that heavy load off her back...and I'm sure it will...in God's time. Being optimistic in times like this and with fervent prayers will do a lot.
Keep the faith, dear friend...

1 comment:

  1. This is a very inspiring entry as I got touched and felt I can relate to this subject. I sometimes feel bored and discontented though I'm know that my status is far more better compared to those unlucky ones but you know there comes a certain point when you feel emptiness na parang may kulang pa din. Di ko maintindihan but when I read this post somehow I realized that I'm so much blessed. Keep up with this kind of inspiring write-ups.

    ReplyDelete

Please be nice... :D