Monday, July 21, 2008

Mixed emotions...this coming Christmas


One month to go and we're in -ber months again and so we smell Xmas this very early. Making lists of what to have for our loved ones and things to give a way in act of sharing for those who are less fortunate. This is something that everyone has been looking forward to. Young and old alike is ecstatic every year to celebrate this special day. But I cannot help myself but be with mixed emotions now that I've already been hearing carols over the radio. I spent last year of Christmas outside the country and it felt great to be in foreign land. I saw how Japan being a non-catholic, has overdone excessive decorations along the airport with those huge Xmas trees that stood sentinel to greet and welcome visitors like me. I couldn't believe how they put such a gigantic decorations with all those thousands of glittering lights. It was indeed awesome and had given me so much happiness in my heart. I felt like a kid that time. Those things I saw and experienced has evoked and shaped some good memories that will stay to linger and I will cherish for the rest of my time. Being with people we love most is the best way to spend this occasion. Now that I am here, I can make it up to my kids when that 2007 Xmas had been the saddest for them because they spent it without me. What truly matter is the best time to spend it with love and so much care because indeed Christmas is a love month for everyone. I am sure everybody feels the same way too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice... :D