Saturday, January 19, 2008

Asperities of cold winter...

It's the season with the shortest days and the lowest temperatures. Either way, it generally has cold weather and, especially in the higher latitudes or altitudes, snow and ice. We have what we call this sadness during winter, called winter blues or "Holiday Depression" that is seen amongst people because of too much cold and decreased sun exposure. The increased amount of clothing that must be worn to keep them warm makes them a bit lazy and sluggish sometimes. And to someone like me who is more on the heavy side, it makes me more heavy and look stouter and bulky with my heavy sheets of inners or undergarments and overcoat...sigh...and that's the way it is in winter. Most of the time, it's so hard to get up in the morning specially if you have to wake up earlier. I feel bloated and lazy. And omg, my shoulder (frozen shoulder I got) and my elbow joints are real painful because of the heavy futong and winter comforters...everyday I have to fixed it and put them back together again and again. Imagine those heavy bulks that usually go in 5...yes 5 layers that will keep us warm at night...wheeew! Not to forget that what I notice today that my hair is somewhat dry. Due perhaps to hot bath everynight. We have to take ofuro everynight and at first I just couldn't take a dip to a very hot water temperature in the tub...but today I can already withstand it and getting used to it. And I love it already spending an hour dipping into it...everyday...yun nga lang dry na yata ang hair ko dahil dito.

Various animals and birds migrate or go for hibernation to get away from severe coldness. Flowers do not bloom, and some plants dry and some do not survive the winter. We still have a month or so here and we're looking forward to spring where everything blooms. But there are still flowers that only blooms uring winter, thw winter blooms like what we planted in the frontyard last month. A cabbagelike that usually comes in violet and white. But for me it's quite tasking to change your plants every season, unlike sa Pinas pag nagtanim ka sa garden, 'yun na 'yun. Papalaguin mo na lang.

It's quite gloomy but I enjoy the cool weather because in the Philippines, my country (syempre mahal ko 'yan)...medyo mainit naman...so enjoy na lang talaga.

I think mas pinagpala tayo na 2 season lang tayo, because we can't afford kapag too cold at may snow tayo. Electric bills nga lang problema na eh...what more if we have dambo and heater? At ang furry coat, ay ang mamahal!!! Kaya ako I got 1, 2, 0r 3 lang to change dahil 'di ko naman ito magagamit sa atin. :D

1 comment:

  1. I do not even know how I stopped up here, but I thought this put up was once good.
    I don't recognize who you are however certainly you are
    going to a famous blogger in the event you are not already.
    Cheers!

    my web-site - megapolis hack - -

    ReplyDelete

Please be nice... :D