Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Enjoying some sweet times!!!





Cooked beef steak with lots of sweet onion...ate brekker, took my medicines and washed the dishes. Tub is now ready with hot water with lavander for relaxation...but will take a dip later on 'coz I squeezed some fresh sabila on my scalp. Got some falling hair due to change of weather I guess. And a little blogging and answering some emails too. Will also make some simple lesson for my Japanese students, now friends...we will soon meet in a few days time, I want to prepare it now and not to be cramming in the end. Last time when we went to visit one Honda dealer outlet...one of them...a woman...I forgot her name...also wanted to learn Ego (English) so much! She said, she went to US last year and she had realized how important English as a form of communication.

They are starting to adopt some western influence say like Christmas...I was filled with so much joy in my heart ng makita ko ang naglalakihang Christmas tree flowing with million of lights...lalo akong na-shock when I saw Winter Illumination na sobrang grabe sa dami ng Christmas lights ang isinabog sa malaking ektaryang garden...they called it Sea of Lights. Grabe...parang hindi totoo. Mascots were dancing with their colorful costumes. And it's a nice sight.

I also see vast land with cabbages, raddish, oranges...and others in nice rows growing abundantly, and in my mind I see how they preserve the agricultural side of Japan no matter how they are so adept technologically.

One thing I do admire here is their way of vowing to show respect. And the way they implement honesty here is superb. You can leave your bike anywhere and no one will get it. One time when we went out for a walk...I saw a wallet on the grass maybe it fell from one's pocket while jogging. Joggers like us were all unmindful of what they saw...pang wala lang...pag may nakita kang wallet, umbrella or anything hindi mo pwedeng hawakan unless yours.

Same goes with cleanliness...napakalinis ng Japan kaya nga wala pa akong nakikitang alcohol sa groceries...lol...nghahanap pa rin ako, buti na lang may baon akong isa. But the sad part is, may nakikita akong manaka-nakang basura, pero very seldom naman yon and it's a pity kung tuluyang di yon mapipigilan...some are gawa siguro ng mga kabataan or maybe mga foreigners din na iba.

Grabe silang kumain ng vegies...lalo na ang raddish na pangunahing tanim dito...pati cabbage, sea weeds (nori), squash, lettuce and others. Nabibigyan talaga nila ng pansin ang kanilang pang araw araw na diet. Fruit is a must...on every meal...so talagang I can truly say na Japanese way of eating is one of the most ideal...health-wise!

Yes...am truly enjoying some sweet times here in Japan...observing their life and culture...up close!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! that's good to hear that you're enjoying. I hope there would be more english tutors like you but I doubt kasi medyo bumabagsak na English literacy dito sa sa Pilipinas, sayang!

    ReplyDelete

Please be nice... :D