Saturday, September 13, 2008

A holistic solution...


I got me here a new book on yoga, just curiously I bought this out of those sale items at NBS. And what surprised me is we're doing some of the exercices here in our jazz class with my pretty instructor, Lizel...2 thumbs up ako sa kanya becoz' she really dances so well and mind you she knows her craft to a T...aargh, my bad...I was always busy and couldn't find solution to squeeze the time whenever I'd be reminded of the schedule. Basta attend ako ngayon. But anyway...going back...the art and science of yoga offers a holistic solution to day-to-day living and the problems of a fast-paced mechanical life, (like mine). The self-explanatory and detailed book guides you through the inner roadmap to heal body-mind-spirit and bring equilibrium, joy and peace. The integral aspecst of yoga - the asanas - helps to correct physical disorders and back problems...(bull's-eye, this is good for me)...and it also helps restructure the spine and spinal nerves...(2nd bull's-eye, I am a certified sciatic). This book authored by Carrmine I. is really for me to know more about my handicap.
I love the book because the original price was P465.00 and I just got it for P116.25...a real giveaway.

I'll give you something which we usually do in our jazz floor exercises...naku grabe pag first-timie ka, kakaiyak. Here;
Urdhwamukhasvanasana...(wheew, very long word and mahirap pang-ipronounce)
Lie on the floor with the face down on the abdomen keeping a distanceof 10 to 12 inches between the feet and the toes pointing back. Place the palms on the floor by the side of your waist fingers pointing forward. Take a deep breath and raise the upper torso off the floor with a complete stretch on your arms push the trunkback as far as possible, the body resting totally on the palms and the toes without any bent on the knees. Stay in this pose for a count of thirty in deep breathing. Release the stretch, bend the elbows, and return to the start position on the floor.
Benefits
* A good pose to relieve stiff back and tone the spine.
* Persons with slipped disc, prolapsed disc, and backache will get relief with this pose.
* Due to chest expansion, the lungs gain elasticity and breathing capacity increases.
* The pelvic floor, the pelvic muscles, and the pelvic bone get a good blood circulation.
Caution
Persons with hand and wrist injury, frozen shoulder, knee injury, or ligament and tendon tear of the leg should exercise caution and precaution or perform under supervision.
Sourse: Yoga for Backache

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice... :D