Friday, September 5, 2008

Just around the corner...



The -ber month has just started about five days ago and at this early you'll hear X'mas songs being played now over the radio. Yesterday when I was at the mall I saw an influx of window-shoppers looking for the best but cheaper Xmas decor. I have always been fascinated with big X'mas trees with flickering rice bulbs. I enjoy rice bulb than any other bulb. I just love it. We once had an 8ft tall X'mas tree but fell down maybe because the base was not so securedly fastened. I gave it away right after the season with all those imported trimmings. Now I want a not-so-tall but a medium one. A simple one with simple trimmings will just be fine now. What is important to me right now is to pennypinch. Now I am tamed when it comes to shopping. I only bring home usually a small bagful of some necessities. No more extra expenditures that has nothing to do and not needed naman. Impulsive buying will only get us to nowhere. Stashing money for future use or saving for our future nest egg is more important and wiser decision for a mom just like me.
I have noticed that what I bought usually would only end up in the cabinet or in the shelves and just become a kept trash and be given away after sometime. I have learned to apply the less is more practices in Japan. The sala usually have only what is essential..sans all those abubot. Buying what is beautiful to our eyes and later on giving it away or worse throwing it away...what a waste of money I thought! Now I am much wary of how to spend money than before.
Giving gifts' none of the highlights of X'mas. Sharing is the best part and children mostly are looking forward to wrap everything and unwrapping is the most awaited moments. So make a list now, it is better to shop and save gifts 'til this early than to make a rush...

Enjoy and be a wise shopper!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice... :D